The UKs aerospace and defence industries are key players in world markets, and major contributors to the UK economy, through manufacturing and research into new technologies.
The DTI promotes competitiveness and productivity within the sectors.
It is also delivering, in collaboration with industry, the recommendations of the Aerospace Innovation and Growth Team’s report. Please see www.aeigt.co.uk
The DTIs Aerospace & Defence Unit is organised into six teams:
- Aerospace – telephone 020 7215 1136- responsible for relations with civil aerospace companies, and launch investment. For export licence enquires, please contact the Export Control Organisation on 020 7215 8070.
- Defence – telephone 020 7215 1173 – responsible for relations with defence companies and Defence Industrial Strategy.
- Technology – telephone 020 7215 1115 – responsible for technical advice on projects and the DTIs business support products, National Aerospace Technology Strategy, maximising the benefit to the UK from European Framework research; and aerospace environmental issues.
- Regional – telephone 020 7215 1128 – responsible for regional outreach, regional aerospace strategies, and relations with regional trade associations and government bodies.
- Business and market analysis – telephone 020 7215 1168 – responsible for business and market analysis.
- Planning, Policy and Operations – telephone 020 7215 1596 – responsible for events, correspondence, policy support and financial management.